Kazakh tour operators visit Al Qasba
Sharjah, October 15, 2008
A 12-member tour operator delegation from Kazakhstan visited the famous tourism, entertainment and cultural destination of Al Qasba in an attempt to identify the best attractions and most popular landmarks of Sharjah.
The Kazakhstan delegation hailed Al Qasba as one of the best and culturally enriched destinations of the region.
They were treated to a complete Qasba experience including a ride on Etisalat – Eye of the Emirates, the highest observatory wheel in the region and a rendition of the Al Qasba Musical Fountain, the first of its kind in the region.
'Al Qasba is considered now one of the most happening places in the UAE. We offer our visitors not only the much needed quiet, tranquility and beauty from the hustle and bustle of daily life, but also a repertoire of diverse and entertaining and culturally rich events the year round,' stated Hazem Sawaf, marketing manager of Al Qasba Development Authority.
'With our focus on attracting more tourists to Al Qasba, we realise the importance and strength of the tourism sector. It is in this vein that we do not miss opportunities to entertain and inform tourists and tour operators about Al Qasba and the Emirate of Sharjah and its different offerings, and participate in the various tourism exhibitions locally and internationally.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall