Lufthansa announces more winter flights
Dubai, October 16, 2008
Lufthansa German Airlines has announced an expanded winter schedule for the Middle East region.
The airline will operate six non-stop flights a week on the Abu Dhabi-Frankfurt route and plans to introduce a second daily flight connecting Dubai with Frankfurt.
“We are proud to announce this new non-stop service for the benefit of our customers, meeting the increasing demands in the market,” stated Joachim Steinbach, VP Sales and Services Southeast Europe, Africa & Middle East/ Pakistan of Lufthansa German Airlines.
“The markets of the Middle East and the Gulf are viewed as an excellent opportunity to further develop our route network and position Lufthansa as the number one choice for business travellers.”
Lufthansa offers several flights per day to Germany from two destinations in the UAE, namely Abu Dhabi and Dubai, thus giving its passengers a greater choice than any other airline present with a total of 27 flights a week, said a statement.
In the past three years, Lufthansa has successfully launched new destinations in the Gulf and Middle East with new destinations on the route map, Qatar and Bahrain.
From November 1, Tobias Ernst will join as new Lufthansa manager passenger sales Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. Ernst draws from his vast experience in sales in his long career with the airline.
Effective October 26, Doha-Frankfurt flights will be increased from three weekly flights to a daily service.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc