Air Arabia offers free flights on Oct 28
Sharjah, October 20, 2008
Air Arabia, the first and largest low-cost carrier in the Middle East and North Africa, is offering its passengers a day of free flights as part of its fifth anniversary celebrations.
Passengers travelling on October 28, 2008, to any destination on the airline’s network will be entitled to a full credit of the fare and surcharges paid.
The offer excludes government and airport taxes, which are to be borne by the passengers.
Special fifth anniversary fares to a wide range of destinations can also be found on Air Arabia’s website: www.airarabia.com, said a statement.
The anniversary will culminate in a celebration week from October 26-31 and will conclude on October 31 with Air Arabia hosting a day of celebration and family fun at Qanat Al Qasbaa, Sharjah. The celebration activities are open to all age groups and cultures.
Since Air Arabia’s inception in 2003, the Sharjah-based carrier has witnessed unprecedented growth and now offers one of the largest destination networks in the Middle East, South Asia and North Africa. The carrier, which now operates a fleet of 16 new Airbus A320 aircraft, currently flies to 42 destinations globally, a figure that will rise to 44 with the introduction of flights to Nairobi and Hyderabad later this month. The airline has also witnessed a significant growth in the number of passengers, passing the 10 million passenger mark this year, it said.
“As I reminisce on five years of dramatic change within the airline industry one thing has remained constant: we have remained focused on our initial promise to offer the very highest standards of service and to offer reasonably priced air travel. As we continue to grow our fleet of aircraft and expand our list of global destinations we hope to introduce many more passengers to our multi-award winning service and competitively priced fares,” said Adel Ali, board member and chief executive officer of Air Arabia.
“In celebration of this milestone for Air Arabia, it is a pleasure to announce new special offers and a day of family celebrations so that our customers have the opportunity to join with us in marking five years of excellence and growth. Our customers have helped make us the leader of the low-cost carrier segment in this region, and one of the fastest growing airlines in the world,” Ali added. -TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn