Saudi Arabian picks Rockwell Collins avionics
Riyadh, November 6, 2008
Saudi Arabian Airlines has selected Rockwell Collins to provide a comprehensive package of communication, navigation and surveillance avionics for 50 new Airbus A320 family aircraft.
The new aircraft are scheduled to be delivered from 2009 through 2013.
'We're proud of the trusted relationship we have built with Saudi Arabian Airlines and we look forward to delivering them the most advanced avionics available for commercial airlines,' said Jeff Standerski, vice president and general manager of Air Transport for Rockwell Collins.
'The avionics they have selected represents a total solution that provides superior situational awareness, operational efficiency and improved passenger satisfaction.'
Under the terms of the agreement, Rockwell Collins' baseline avionics package for the Airbus A320 family aircraft features its award-winning WXR-2100 MultiScan(tm) Hazard Detection System.
MultiScan is the first and only radar that analyzes and determines actual weather hazards, not simply atmospheric moisture content.
It is a fully automatic, hands-free airborne radar system with more than four years of operational experience that reduces pilot workload and enhances safety and passenger comfort by minimising unexpected turbulence encounters, and provides optimal clutter-free weather detection from the nose of the aircraft to 320 nautical miles.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction