Bahrain sees $2.65bn hotel investment
Manama, November 8, 2008
Bahrain's hotel investment volume for the next three years is estimated at BD1 billion ($2.65 billion), revealed a top tourism official.
International hotel groups along with local and GCC investors have been granted permits to build 29 hotels in the Kingdom, including 15 five-star hotels at a total investment of more than BD750 million, said Ali Saeed, head of Hotels Licensing Department at the Tourism Directorate.
Besides the groups have also been given permit to build 14 four-star hotels costing BD8 million to BD10 million each, Saeed said.
The project is expected to provide 2,000 jobs for Bahrainis in accounting, hotel management, food and beverages and reception, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals