Air Arabia wins best LCC in region award
Sharjah, November 16, 2008
Air Arabia has won the World Travel Award for Best LCC (Low-Cost Carrier) in the Middle East and North Africa.
The award was presented to Air Arabia in recognition of its massive contribution to the low-cost travel industry in the UAE and the wider region.
“We are delighted to have been named ‘Best Low-Cost Carrier in the Middle East and North Africa,’ on our fifth anniversary,” said AK Nizar, head of commercial department, Air Arabia.
The World Travel Award comes on the heels of international recognition of the carrier’s outstanding operational performance, said a statement. They have been hailed as the Oscars of the travel industry by the Wall Street Journal.
Most recently, Air Arabia was named Best LCC in the Middle East and Africa at the prestigious Budgie Awards, part of the World Low-Cost Airlines Congress, held in London, UK.
In May 2008, Air Arabia received the gold award in the best airline category at the Mena Travel Awards 2008.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry