Air Arabia wins best LCC in region award
Sharjah, November 16, 2008
Air Arabia has won the World Travel Award for Best LCC (Low-Cost Carrier) in the Middle East and North Africa.
The award was presented to Air Arabia in recognition of its massive contribution to the low-cost travel industry in the UAE and the wider region.
“We are delighted to have been named ‘Best Low-Cost Carrier in the Middle East and North Africa,’ on our fifth anniversary,” said AK Nizar, head of commercial department, Air Arabia.
The World Travel Award comes on the heels of international recognition of the carrier’s outstanding operational performance, said a statement. They have been hailed as the Oscars of the travel industry by the Wall Street Journal.
Most recently, Air Arabia was named Best LCC in the Middle East and Africa at the prestigious Budgie Awards, part of the World Low-Cost Airlines Congress, held in London, UK.
In May 2008, Air Arabia received the gold award in the best airline category at the Mena Travel Awards 2008.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas