Avisa, Al Jaber set up new venture
Dubai, November 18, 2008
Avisa Aviation Safety Systems and Al Jaber Aviation (AJA) have launched a new joint venture.
Avisa Gulf combines the strength of these two globally renowned businesses to serve customers in aviation's newest and fastest growing markets, a statement said.
Dr Mark Pierotti and Justin Goatcher, joint managing directors, said: "The Al Jaber Group has diversified strategically into aviation after conducting a detailed study in to the region's requirements. The addition of Avisa UK's European Aviation Safety Approval knowledge and professional expertise to form the new business, Avisa Gulf, is a continuation of this diversification strategy".
Avisa Gulf's Abu Dhabi base gives airlines, fleet and individual operators and maintenance repair organisations (MRO) the opportunity to source expert services and training locally: an opportunity that will be welcomed by businesses in the region, the statement said.
Mohammed Al Jaber, AJA CEO, stated: "Avisa Gulf brings specialised Aviation Technical Services that are not currently available in our region. These services are in accordance with European Aviation Standards and will assist new start-ups or existing operations to take better control of their aviation technical activities."
Avisa Gulf's debut contract is a CAMO service agreement for AJA's 21-strong VIP and Executive fleet, it said.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley