Air Arabia named best budget carrier
Sharjah, December 13, 2008
Air Arabia has been named 'Low-Cost Carrier of the Year' for the second consecutive year, at the Aviation Business Awards 2008.
The award is given to the LCC that has demonstrated world-class service across the region over the past 12 months.
'Winning this award for the second consecutive year reinforces Air Arabia’s commitment to quality and excellence in customer service,' said Adel Ali, board member and CEO of Air Arabia.
“We were the first to recognise and fill the market need for a low-cost carrier that delivered the highest level of service to its passengers,” he added.
Most recently, Air Arabia has won the coveted Avex award for Best Regional Airline at the prestigious Avex award ceremony that took place in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, said a statement.
In October 2008, the carrier won the World Travel Award for Best Low-Cost Carrier in Mena. In September 2008, Air Arabia was named Best Low-Cost Airline in the Middle East and Africa at the prestigious Budgie Awards, part of the World Low-Cost Airlines Congress, held in London, UK.
In May 2008, Air Arabia received the gold award in the best airline category at the Mena Travel Awards 2008.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas