Air Arabia named best budget carrier
Sharjah, December 13, 2008
Air Arabia has been named 'Low-Cost Carrier of the Year' for the second consecutive year, at the Aviation Business Awards 2008.
The award is given to the LCC that has demonstrated world-class service across the region over the past 12 months.
'Winning this award for the second consecutive year reinforces Air Arabia’s commitment to quality and excellence in customer service,' said Adel Ali, board member and CEO of Air Arabia.
“We were the first to recognise and fill the market need for a low-cost carrier that delivered the highest level of service to its passengers,” he added.
Most recently, Air Arabia has won the coveted Avex award for Best Regional Airline at the prestigious Avex award ceremony that took place in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, said a statement.
In October 2008, the carrier won the World Travel Award for Best Low-Cost Carrier in Mena. In September 2008, Air Arabia was named Best Low-Cost Airline in the Middle East and Africa at the prestigious Budgie Awards, part of the World Low-Cost Airlines Congress, held in London, UK.
In May 2008, Air Arabia received the gold award in the best airline category at the Mena Travel Awards 2008.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand