Oman Air to launch Heathrow flights
Muscat, December 27, 2008
Oman Air will start its new service to London Heathrow Airport from January 15, providing the only daily, non-stop service between Muscat and London.
Flight WY 911 will depart from Muscat International Airport at 1255 hours and arrive London Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 at 1740 hours local time.
The return flight WY 912 will depart London Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 at 2130 hours and arrive at Muscat International Airport at 0900 hours the following morning.
With the introduction of these new services to London Heathrow, Oman Air will stop its current operation into London Gatwick.
Abdulrazaq Al Raisi, senior manager sales said, "We are very excited about the prospects of flying to London Heathrow, the busiest international airport in the world."
"It is the airport of choice for most people travelling to London and I am sure that our daily non-stop service will soon prove to be a winner with both business and leisure customers," he added.
“London Heathrow is the hub for tourists planning to go further West or to other exciting European destinations. Located centrally, Heathrow will offer easy access to travellers visiting London and other destinations in the UK," said an official from the corporate communications and media department.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard