Four Seasons Doha to host leading golfers
Doha, January 5, 2009
Four Seasons Doha will host the world’s best golfers who are taking part in the Commercialbank Qatar Masters, presented by Dolphin Energy.
The $2.5 million tournament has once again joined forces with Four Seasons to ensure that top stars such as world number 2 Sergio Garcia and visiting US debutants Boo Weekley and Brandt Snedeker receive a typically warm Qatari welcome as they battle it out in the PGA European Tour event.
“Over the past few years, we have provided different levels of support to the event and are particularly proud to be named the Official Hotel for 2009,” said Simon Casson, general manager Four Seasons Hotel Doha.
'We will also be hosting the gala Pro-Am dinner attended by all the players as well by the leaders within the Doha community.'
Following the pre-event Commercialbank Qatar Masters Rolex Pro-Am on January 21, some 120 players will tee off at Doha Golf Club when the tournament gets underway on January 22 in conjunction with the Qatar Golf Association, Qatar Olympic Committee and Commercialbank.
The gala Pro-Am dinner is one of the key dates on both the sporting and social calendar. After a day on the course, it gives the teams of amateurs an opportunity to mingle with golf’s household names and take home wonderful memories of the event.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief