Four Seasons Doha to host leading golfers
Doha, January 5, 2009
Four Seasons Doha will host the world’s best golfers who are taking part in the Commercialbank Qatar Masters, presented by Dolphin Energy.
The $2.5 million tournament has once again joined forces with Four Seasons to ensure that top stars such as world number 2 Sergio Garcia and visiting US debutants Boo Weekley and Brandt Snedeker receive a typically warm Qatari welcome as they battle it out in the PGA European Tour event.
“Over the past few years, we have provided different levels of support to the event and are particularly proud to be named the Official Hotel for 2009,” said Simon Casson, general manager Four Seasons Hotel Doha.
'We will also be hosting the gala Pro-Am dinner attended by all the players as well by the leaders within the Doha community.'
Following the pre-event Commercialbank Qatar Masters Rolex Pro-Am on January 21, some 120 players will tee off at Doha Golf Club when the tournament gets underway on January 22 in conjunction with the Qatar Golf Association, Qatar Olympic Committee and Commercialbank.
The gala Pro-Am dinner is one of the key dates on both the sporting and social calendar. After a day on the course, it gives the teams of amateurs an opportunity to mingle with golf’s household names and take home wonderful memories of the event.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard