Emirates wins Pax in-flight catering award
Dubai, February 9, 2009
Emirates has won the ‘Outstanding Food Service by a Carrier Middle East 2008’ award at the Pax International Magazine Readership Awards 2008.
The award, voted by readers of Pax International Magazine, is highly competitive with airlines from across the region competing in the category.
As one of the world’s leading travel catering industry publications, Pax International Magazine runs a Readership Award Poll which is highly regarded for their recognition of outstanding performance, achievement and product development.
Bob Ferguson, senior vice president Aircraft Catering said: "Emirates is honoured to be recognized by our customers with such a prestigious award."
"Pax International Magazine Readership Awards have long been the benchmark for excellence within the travel catering industry and we are pleased that the industry and importantly, our customers have recognized our efforts to provide the best possible in-flight catering."
“In-flight catering is a fundamental part of the Emirates travel experience and this award is testament to our continued commitment in producing high quality cuisine across our extensive network.”
Voting for the awards was open from January 1 – November 18 through the magazine’s website.
Awards were voted on by representatives from across the global travel catering industry and are the only awards of their kind in the travel catering market.
Emirates in-flight menus are tailor-made according to several factors including; length of flight, flight destination and passenger profile in order to determine the best possible menu options for a particular flight, he said.
All Emirates in-flight meals are freshly prepared using only the highest quality ingredients.
Specialist chefs experienced in every culinary tradition, from sushi for the Japanese routes to a myriad of different curries for the constant stream of flights to the Indian sub-continent, are employed to ensure the finest and most authentic meals are served.
Emirates has continuously been voted as best in the world across the full range of its operations. The group now boasts more than 400 international awards.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard