DAE to lease 8 Boeings to Garuda Indonesia
Dubai, March 2, 2009
DAE Capital, the aircraft leasing and financial arm of state-owned Dubai Aerospace Enterprises, said on Monday it agreed to dry-lease eight Boeing 737-800s to Garuda Indonesia airline.
The short-haul aircraft are due to be delivered by Boeing from June 2009, DAE said in a statement. A dry lease is one without insurance, crew or maintenance.
Garuda is one of six government-owned firms which are considering an initial public offering either this year or next year, Indonesia's state enterprises minister said in February.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return