Qatar tourism on show at ITB Berlin
Doha, March 9, 2009
The Qatar Tourism & Exhibitions Authority (QTEA) will be in ITB Berlin, to showcase its upscale tourist attractions, and offer an ‘exciting new travel destination of choice’ for European travellers.
The world’s leading travel trade show, ITB Berlin, runs from March 11 to 15.
According to Qatar tourism officials, the country is expecting an overflow of 1.4 million tourists in 2010, when compared to 600,000 in 2005.
“Qatar is a world-class destination with 20 per cent annual growth targets for inbound travel. As the world’s fastest growing economy, Qatar also offers an upscale world of leisure and cultural attractions,” said Ahmed Al-Nuaimi, QTEA chairman.
“Qatar will be the exciting new travel destination of choice for those wishing to experience a quality destination for business, meetings, culture and sport,” he added.
“Qatar provides an ideal holiday destination, conference venue or stop-off for travellers from Europe wishing to travel further East,” said Frank Beiler, executive assistant manager for marketing, Grand Hyatt Doha.
Grand Hyatt Doha, which opens this month, will offer five-star accommodation and leisure facilities to the expected surge of inbound business travelers, he added.
The hotel is located in Doha’s new West Bay Lagoon district, which is just minutes from the city’s financial and commercial centres, places of cultural and historical interest, and Doha International Airport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai