PES Cup to be held in 5 Mena countries
Dubai, March 25, 2009
The first official Konami Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) Cup will run for two days each in nine cities across five Middle East and North Africa (Mena) countries including the UAE, Qatar, Egypt, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.
Xbox 360, Konami, Pluto Games and Chevrolet have joined forces to organise one of the biggest soccer gaming tournament in the Middle East, where gaming fans will compete on the new PES 2009 on the Xbox 360 consoles at official competition areas.
“It’s time that the Middle East saw an event so huge, that it’ll stop gaming enthusiasts on their tracks,” said Aman Sangar, product marketing manager, Microsoft entertainment and devices division Middle East.
“Gaming competitions are on the rise, and Xbox 360 has taken it to the next step in the Middle East.
“The mammoth size and scale of this tournament has already started creating waves in the gaming community and we are bracing ourselves for one of the most exciting 2 months of soccer competition,” he added.
Each game will be played one-on-one on the Xbox 360, with rounds 1 and 2 consisting of 10 minute matches, whereas the quarter/semi and final games will be played for 30 minutes.
The winners from each city will win a cash prize of Dh5000 ($1560), qualify to the final round in Dubai, and receive an airfare and accommodation in Dubai.
While runners up will get free games and sponsor gifts, the winner of the PES 2009 Cup will win a 2010 Chevrolet Cruze.
“We are proud to have the support of 2 of the biggest names in gaming, Microsoft Xbox 360 and Konami, to bring an event of such magnitude to the gaming fans of the Middle East, this truly is taking gaming to the next level,” said Rami El-Hussein, Managing Director Pluto Games.
“We are expecting up to 5,000 players from across the region to compete against the best of the best leaving one winner with a total cash prize of a Chevrolet Cruze,” he added.
A dedicated website has been setup to register interested and keen fans for the Xbox 360 PES 2009 Cup, pescupme.com. With no constraints or entry fees, gaming fans just have to bring along their original PAL copy of PES09 to compete.
The tournament will start on today (March 25), at the Al Ghandi Chevrolet Showroom on Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai.
The tournament will run for 2 days in each city with Stop 2 in, Abu Dhabi from April 3, 2009, Stop 3 in Sharjah from April 10, Stop 4 in Doha from April 17 and Stop 5 in Cairo from April 24.
Stop 6 will be in Kuwait from April 30, Stop 7 in Dammam from May 7, Stop 8 in Riyadh from May 14, and Stop 9 in Jeddah from May 21.
The final round1 will be held in Dubai on May 29. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares