BIC, Gulf Air launch online racing game
Manama, April 21, 2009
Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) and Gulf Air have launched an online motor-racing game as the countdown begins for the 2009 Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix taking place from April 24 to 26.
Set at the Bahrain International Circuit, 'Bahrain Racer - The Grand Prix Edition', gives gamers the chance to race around four different BIC tracks, including the famous Sakhir Grand Prix circuit, and, even choose the racing colours of their car before taking the starting grid.
The game is hosted at www.bahrainracer.com and every person who plays it will also get an opportunity to enter a prize draw. The lucky winner will receive an invitation for two to visit Bahrain, courtesy Gulf Air, and spend an afternoon as a guest of BIC at their ultra-modern Sakhir Grand Prix circuit.
By using the 'send to a friend' facility, gamers can not only be able to pass on to their friends and family the opportunity to win this grand prize, but also try and outscore each other on the Highest Score Chart.
'Gulf Air has been the proud title sponsor of the Bahrain Grand Prix ever since the first historic race was held in April 2004. We are delighted to partner BIC in developing this new online racing game,' said Gulf Air chief Björn Näf.
'We believe the game can be enjoyed by everyone, not just the petrol-heads among us, and reinforce Bahrain International Circuit as the home of motorsport in the Middle East,' added Martin Whitaker, BIC chief executive.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project