Summer sales event to unveil details
Dubai, April 28, 2009
Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS), a major regional summer sales event, will reveal details of the event at an upcoming travel market show, according to a report.
DSS 2009 will be a part of the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF), which will participate at this year’s Arabian Travel Market (ATM), which will run from May 5 to 8 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The 12th edition of DSS, which will take place between June 11 and August 14, is organised annually under the patronage of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice-President and Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai.
“This year’s ATM is significant for the DSF Office because despite the challenges facing the global tourism sector, we aim to showcase another splendid edition of DSS in seemingly exigent circumstances,” said Khulood Al Thani, Marketing Director, DSF Office.
“ATM is the ideal opportunity to gauge the changing dynamics of the global tourism industry and the exhibition will subsequently aid us in determining target markets and promotional strategies,” she added.
“During the four-day ATM, we will be revealing details of the upcoming DSS 2009.
Khulood also noted that the participation of government departments and private sector entities under the umbrella of DTCM reflected the commitment of both the private and public sectors in showcasing Dubai as a leading travel, leisure, and commerce destination. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai