Emirates to delay Boeing 777 delivery
Dubai, May 2, 2009
Deliveries of new Boeing 777 aircraft to Dubai's Emirates airline are expected to slow down after next April due to the credit crunch, a newspaper reported on Saturday.
The aircraft deliveries would be delayed by a few months but this will coincide with an expected slowdown in the company's business, Gulf News quoted as saying Abdullah Al Shams, the manager of the Emirates Boeing fleet acceptance team near Seattle.
'We do have deliveries until April 2010 and then we have a slowdown on the deliveries for the following year,' he said.
'The slowdown in deliveries is related to the credit crunch and with the airline business today we do have a little bit of a slowdown on the different aspects of the business.'-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai state fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal