Etihad 'first class' service at ATM
Abu Dhabi, May 3, 2009
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is set to unveil for the first time its new first class at the upcoming Arabian Travel Market (ATM) to be held in Dubai.
The airline will showcase its full range of award-winning premium products and services at the travel show which runs from May 5 to 8 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
"The eye-catching exhibition stand will feature the Abu Dhabi-based airline’s new first class suite and revamped business class bed as well as highlight many of the recent in-flight and ground improvements it has introduced for its customers," said Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer.
"Etihad has invested heavily to raise the bar when it comes to luxury air travel, including the opening of our new premium lounges at Abu Dhabi airport and the roll-out of a new in-flight service style, specifically tailored to the needs of our first and business class customers."
“Visitors to ATM this year can see for themselves the high quality of the end-to-end travel experience we offer our premium customers which we believe really makes us stand out,” Baumgartner added.
To demonstrate Etihad’s world class onboard service and cuisine, several of the airline’s food and beverage managers, a new cabin crew position introduced by the airline for first and business class customers, will be on the exhibition stand, he said.
"These new managers, most of whom joined the airline from five-star hotels around the world, are responsible for championing the quality, presentation and delivery of the airline’s onboard catering, ensuring it is consistently to the highest standards."
Beauty therapists from the world-renowned Six Senses Spa – recently introduced into Etihad’s new premium lounges at Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 at Abu Dhabi airport – will be on the stand to offer visitors complimentary spa treatments.
To mark its sponsorships of the Scuderia Ferrari F1™ team and the Formula 1™ Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, which comes to the UAE capital in November, the airline will display a life-size replica of a Formula 1™ racing car throughout the four-day exhibition.
Other displays will illustrate the exciting line–up of new Etihad routes set to be launched in the coming months and which include Astana, Istanbul, Athens, Larnaca and Chicago.
Members of the Etihad Holidays team will be available to discuss recent developments. The airline’s rapidly expanding holiday division has recently re-launched its UAE inbound brochure and now has five sales shops across the country in Al Ain, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Holidays will be selling holiday packages to the public at the stand on Friday, including packages to its latest destinations which include Greece, Turkey and Cyprus.
To add a touch of sophistication, a series of fashion shows will also be held on the stand, featuring the latest collections from Ettore Bilotta, the Italian fashion designer who created the current Etihad cabin crew uniforms.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home