Gulf Air to sponsor major air show
Manama, May 5, 2009
Gulf Air, Bahrain’s national carrier, has announced its sponsorship to a major air show set to be hosted in Bahrain early 2010.
The Bahrain International Air Show (BIAS) 2010 will be held from January 21 to 23 at the Sakhir airfield, adjacent to the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC).
The Bahrain Civil Aviation Authority had signed a memorandum of understanding last year with Farnborough International Limited – organisers of the well known Farnborough Air Show and similar airspace events across the globe.
The sponsorship agreement was signed between Gulf Air senior management and Bahrain Civil Aviation Authority in a ceremony held at civil aviation headquarters in the presence of officials from Farnborough International Limited.
“Gulf Air is proud to have become the official carrier of the event,” said Björn Näf, Gulf Air chief executive officer.
“As the national carrier of Bahrain it is but natural for us to involve in such an event that will not only add great value to the growing prominence of Bahrain in the international arena but also open up vast business opportunities for the aerospace industry,” he added.
“Bahrain is one of the few economies that has successfully managed the economic downturn and has become a preferred business destination for major global businesses because of the ‘business friendly’ government that has chartered out long-term development plan though its ‘Vision 2030’.
“I am sure the BIAS will be a landmark event in Bahrain,” concluded Näf.
Several multinational Companies have already signed up to the event that includes Rolls-Royce, BAE Systems, TAG Aeronautics, Bell Helicopter Textron, Cessna and Bahrain Aerospace. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June