ADNH to add 8 new hotels by 2014
Dubai, May 5, 2009
UAE hospitality group Abu Dhabi National Hotels, will be adding eight new hotels as part of its five-year expansion plan, between 2010 and 2014.
The expansion will add more than 750 hotel rooms to its portfolio and see three new ADNH properties open in the second half of 2009: The 450-room Jumeirah Beach Sofitel Hotel, the 64-suite luxurious Al Diar Hotel Apartments - Al Barsha, and the 78-suite Siji Hotel Apartments residence in Fujairah.
ADNH is also developing three signature five-star hotels in Abu Dhabi: the JW Marriott Resort and Spa, the 314-room Park Hyatt Hotel and Villas, and the Capital Centre Hotel.
The three luxury hotels are located in some of the capital’s most strategic business and tourist areas, including the ‘Between the Bridges’ district across from the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, in Saadiyat Island and adjacent to the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
The company will develop two new Yotel hotels in Abu Dhabi, introducing the revolutionary European hotel brand to the region. Yotel hotels feature premium cabins in flexible configurations at affordable prices and unusual locations. Yotels around the world, for example, are often located within secure airport transit lounges.
“ADNH has experienced a remarkable growth of business in the last quarter of 2008 and first four months of 2009, counter to the global downward trend. This is a strong indicator of the emirate’s resilience and the efforts of the ADTA,” said Saif Mohamed Al Hajeri, chairman of ADNH.
Al Hajeri also praised the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority’s efforts to promote the capital internationally as the region's hub for business and tourism. The ADTA strategy, he explained, has helped double the number of inbound visitors to the capital in the last few years, translating into gains for the industry and the larger economy.
The Abu Dhabi National Hotels group is participating in the Arabian Travel Market, which is being held from May 5 to 8 in Dubai.
ADNH will showcase its four subsidiaries – the Al Diar Hotel Group, Al Ghazal Tours, Al Ghazal Transport and ADNH/Compass – and its own international hotels under the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority umbrella.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares