Bahrain International Travel Expo opens
Manama, May 14, 2009
The fifth Bahrain International Travel Expo (BITE 2009) opened today (May 14) at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
The three-day event is being held under the patronage of Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
It is organised by Magnum Events and Exhibitions Management, a division of Magnum Holdings.
Magnum Holding group chairman Jamil Wafa said 104 exhibitors from more than 40 countries are attending this year's event, which occupies 7,500 sq m of space.
He said in the face of unprecedented industry challenges, including the global economic downturn and recent pandemic scares, organisers and exhibitors have gone ahead with their commitment towards Bahrain.
Egyptian singer Medhat Saleh will be present at the opening. The Egyptian delegation is a special guest on the occasion.
More than 20,000 consumers and influential travel industry executives are expected to attend.
The expo will be open from 9am to 1pm for hosted buyers and guests and from 4pm to 9pm for the public.
Tomorrow, it will open to the public from 3pm to 9pm and on Saturday from 10am to 12.30 pm and 3pm to 9pm. Entrance is free.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares