Bahrain International Travel Expo opens
Manama, May 14, 2009
The fifth Bahrain International Travel Expo (BITE 2009) opened today (May 14) at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
The three-day event is being held under the patronage of Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
It is organised by Magnum Events and Exhibitions Management, a division of Magnum Holdings.
Magnum Holding group chairman Jamil Wafa said 104 exhibitors from more than 40 countries are attending this year's event, which occupies 7,500 sq m of space.
He said in the face of unprecedented industry challenges, including the global economic downturn and recent pandemic scares, organisers and exhibitors have gone ahead with their commitment towards Bahrain.
Egyptian singer Medhat Saleh will be present at the opening. The Egyptian delegation is a special guest on the occasion.
More than 20,000 consumers and influential travel industry executives are expected to attend.
The expo will be open from 9am to 1pm for hosted buyers and guests and from 4pm to 9pm for the public.
Tomorrow, it will open to the public from 3pm to 9pm and on Saturday from 10am to 12.30 pm and 3pm to 9pm. Entrance is free.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct