Toppers in Mena travel honoured
Dubai, May 16, 2009
Top performers in the travel and tourism sector of the Mena region were honoured at an awards ceremony in Dubai recently.
The 2009 Mena Travel Awards event was held at the Al Bustan Rotana Dubai.
A total of 68 awards were handed out to the industry’s top players which included hotels, golf clubs, car rental companies, airlines, duty-free shops, restaurants and spas all over the region.
“It is very important to recognize real talent and superior service in our industry to stimulate even higher standards and to applaud the effort made by so many,” said Dr Sam Saker, president of Consultants of Hospitality Administrators, the organisers of the distinctive black tie event.
“That is why we have very carefully designed the MENA Travel Awards to follow very specific procedures to ensure they are first class and have real merit,” he added.
Like the previous years, winners of the 2009 MENA Travel Awards were determined by the number of votes gathered from end-users done through online voting.
Based on the results, platinum, gold and silver trophies were given for each of the 17 categories at the special gala dinner.
“What makes these awards so important is that they cover all key travel and hospitality industry sectors” explained Dr Saker.
“This also acknowledges the tremendous breadth the whole industry offers today and its continued strive for excellence,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares