Toppers in Mena travel honoured
Dubai, May 16, 2009
Top performers in the travel and tourism sector of the Mena region were honoured at an awards ceremony in Dubai recently.
The 2009 Mena Travel Awards event was held at the Al Bustan Rotana Dubai.
A total of 68 awards were handed out to the industry’s top players which included hotels, golf clubs, car rental companies, airlines, duty-free shops, restaurants and spas all over the region.
“It is very important to recognize real talent and superior service in our industry to stimulate even higher standards and to applaud the effort made by so many,” said Dr Sam Saker, president of Consultants of Hospitality Administrators, the organisers of the distinctive black tie event.
“That is why we have very carefully designed the MENA Travel Awards to follow very specific procedures to ensure they are first class and have real merit,” he added.
Like the previous years, winners of the 2009 MENA Travel Awards were determined by the number of votes gathered from end-users done through online voting.
Based on the results, platinum, gold and silver trophies were given for each of the 17 categories at the special gala dinner.
“What makes these awards so important is that they cover all key travel and hospitality industry sectors” explained Dr Saker.
“This also acknowledges the tremendous breadth the whole industry offers today and its continued strive for excellence,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief