Qatar Airways wants plane deliveries faster
Kuala Lumpur, June 8, 2009
Qatar Airways, which has about $27 billion worth of planes on order, wants deliveries speeded up, its chief executive said on Monday.
Akbar al-Baker told reporters on the sidelines of the International Air Transport Association annual meeting that the state-owned airline expected to make a profit of at least $100 million this financial year.
Qatar has about 200 planes on order from Boeing and European rival Airbus. It has previously said it will make more purchases at the Paris Air Show later in June. – Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai