DSOA ties up with Dubai Tourism
Dubai, June 17, 2009
Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) has signed a MoU with Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) to provide services and support for companies aspiring to develop hospitality ventures within the DSO.
According to this agreement, DTCM will take the responsibility for licensing and categorizing hotels according to DTCM regulations. It will also ensure the implementation of all other procedures related to tourism events activities.
The MoU was signed by Dr Mohammed Al Zarouni, chief executive officer of DSOA, and Khalid A. bin Sulayem, director-general of DTCM, in the presence of senior officials from both organizations.
Dr Al Zarouni said: 'Since the establishment of Dubai Silicon Oasis we have endeavored to develop the technology park into a fully integrated community that offers enabling services and facilities to all our customers.'
'Consequently, we have been engaged with several governmental departments and signed various agreements and contracts that will serve to achieve the ambitious objectives for our business partners.'
“Through this partnership, DTCM will be responsible for licensing companies aspiring to develop hospitality ventures at DSO. In addition, it will also oversee tourism related events and activities that will complement the overall deliverables of the technology hub,” he added.
Khaled A. bin Sulayem, DTCM director general said the agreement falls in line within the framework of cooperation and strategic partnership between the DTCM and public and private sector organizations to enhance the tourism industry standards and services.
'This will go a long way in enlarging the scope of tourism industry and help regulate the hospitality sector to better the tourism product offering of Dubai,' he noted.
“Companies that are interested in hospitality business will benefit from the DTCM’s expertise and efforts to promote and market Dubai across the word. This partnership between DSO and DTCM will help create better synergies for better tourism standards and regulations for the hospitality sector,” he added.
DSO is a free zone technology park for semiconductor, microelectronics and other high technology-based companies looking to set up their regional headquarters and R&D facilities in the Middle East and North Africa region.
DSOA is the regulatory body for DSO, the region’s premier integrated innovations hub for high-tech industries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home