Flydubai announces 50pc sale
Dubai , June 19, 2009
Flydubai, Dubai’s first low cost airline, has announced a 50 per cent sale, with one way prices starting from as low as Dh125 ($34) as part of its promise to provide more affordable and accessible travel to many more people.
The first flydubai sale represents the launch of a concept that will become a regular flydubai feature, the budget carrier said in a statement.
The sale includes selected flights on all routes, except Aleppo, between June 22 to September 14. The flydubai website (www.flydubai.com) will be open for sale bookings from 23:59hrs on June 21 (Sunday) to 23:59hrs on June 30, or until availability runs out.
Customers can also book flights through the flydubai 24 hour call centre (+971 4 3010800) and at selected travel agents.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, chief executive officer of flydubai, said his sales team are ready to be inundated by interest in the sale. 'We think with one way prices starting from as low as Dh125, including all taxes and one piece of hand baggage of up to 10 kgs per person, these tickets will be hard to resist,' he commented.
“The flydubai sale is just one of many ways we are proving our innovative and flexible approach to providing the best and most affordable flights across the region, making travel a little less complex, a little less stressful and a little less expensive.
“We will announce flydubai sales periodically – they will always have great value flights, they will always start just before midnight and customers will need to get in quick and book early to take advantage of our fantastic offers. Travel is fun and exciting and the flydubai sale ensures it is accessible to more people than ever before.
“The flydubai sale ensures more people can travel to more places more often and keep in touch with friends, family and business associates. This makes both short and long term breaks even more affordable and gives tourism a boost - it really is that easy,” he added.
Flydubai is rapidly expanding its network across a region within four and a half hours flying time of Dubai.
It has already started flights to four destinations and will be announcing further routes soon. The aircraft used on all flights will be Boeing 737-800 NG models, with 189 economy class seats and a flying range of over 5,500 kilometres, he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport