ANC takes stake in Amusement Whitewater
Dubai, July 1, 2009
Dubai-based ANC Holdings has acquired a majority stake in Amusement Whitewater (AWW), a regional leader in design, supply and execution of themed environments.
AWW is the creator of The Lost Chambers, Atlantis, and the complete internal alpine theming of Ski Dubai. ANC has business interests in construction, foods, education, trading, hospitality, process and real estate.
AWW, with its new partners ANC and Abu Dhabi-based Flag Holdings, will become a leading provider of fully integrated, turnkey solutions for themed environments such as tourist resorts, theme/water parks and animal habitats, said a statement.
AWW has been involved in various landmark retail destinations and tourist projects such as The Lost City in South Africa; The Lost Chambers and Aquaventure water park at The Atlantis, Wild Wadi, Madinat Jumeirah, Ski Dubai and the Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall in Dubai; Sharjah Aquarium and The Sharjah Wild Life Center in Sharjah, it said.
The new ownership structure will allow AWW to continue with the conceptualization, artistic design and direction, value-engineering and execution of themed projects while drawing upon ANC’s expertise to provide structural design, construction and project management, thereby offering customers wholly integrated solutions to even their most ambitious themed projects, the statement said.
Tayeb Baker, chairman, ANC Holdings said: “Over the years AWW has been critically involved in delivering Dubai’s promise of becoming the top global tourist destination in the region while ANC, through its construction related businesses, has played a significant role in shaping the Dubai’s iconic skyline. It is easy to see the synergies. We are immensely proud to have AWW join the ANC Group and to work together on even greater projects in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and beyond.”
Ahmed Al Serkal, director of Flag Holdings, said: “Given Abu Dhabi’s ambitious plans to develop its tourist sector, we firmly believe that AWW, with its strong credentials of creativity, expertise and experience will play a major part in turning these ambitions into reality.”
“Our arrival in the ANC family is great news for everyone at AWW and for our clients”, said Duarte Marques, founder and CEO, AWW. “It really gives us an incredible competitive edge as it allows AWW to offer turnkey solutions that are not only more cost and time efficient but can also be project managed more effectively”, he added. –ME NewsWire
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers