Disney musical sequel for DSS premiere
Dubai, July 4, 2009
Disney High School Musical 2 (HSM2) will make its Middle East premiere this summer at the Mall of Emirates as part of the ongoing Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS).
DSS 2009, a shopping and family entertainment extravaganza, is being held at Dubai malls until August 14.
The exciting musical will be held from July 8 to July 18 at the Dubai Community Theatre & Arts Centre in Mall of the Emirates, with shows scheduled for Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm.
Additionally, matinee shows will be held on July 10, 11, 17, and 18 at 2.30 pm. There will be no performance on July 12.
Based on the record breaking Disney Channel original movie, HSM2 picks up where the original left off.
School is out and Troy, Gabriella, and the rest of the Wildcats are spending the summer working at the Lava Springs Country Club, which was founded by Ryan and Sharpay’s family. With the club’s annual talent show right around the corner, things begin to heat up as Troy agrees to sing with Sharpay.
The musical will feature the hit songs 'Fabulous', 'You Are The Music In Me', 'What Time Is It?, 'All For One', 'Gotta Go My Own Way' and many more, said a statement.
The musical is directed by John Payton and produced by Lucy Blakeman. The show stars a cast of over 70, alongside pulsating choreography, stunning sets, costumes and lighting.
Tickets are priced at Dh199 ($54) (Stalls), Dh149 ($40.50) (Balcony), and Dh1000 ($2720 (VIP Boxes - seats 4 with complimentary souvenir programmes). – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai