Crazy Dunkers back on popular demand
Sharjah, July 8, 2009
Breaking all conventional standards of scoring a basket and at the same time enthralling the audience with a spectacular performance, the Crazy Dunkers are back with a bang at Sahara Centre, a leading mall in Sharjah.
The show, a unique mix of gymnastics, freestyle moves and rhythm and some essential basketball skills is part of the celebrations for the Sharjah Summer Promotion 2009.
The Crazy Dunkers – a team of professional cagers from Lebanon – will showcase unique basketball skills amidst their scintillating show every day till July 25 from 6pm to 9pm.
Dressed in traditional basket ball outfits, the team performs somersaults, high jumps and gymnastic flips 4-5 meters in the air. Players scoring a basket by jumping on a trampoline are sights to behold.
Speaking about the team, Ghassan Majed, coach of the Crazy Dunkers team, says, 'The boys have a strong base in gymnastics and that gives them the strength in their leaps and the impeccable balance needed for the acrobatic performance. The biggest support however is from our audience.'
'We have performed before at Sahara Centre and the energy and enthusiasm in the packed audience here has always motivated us to perform better,' he added.
To add to the fun and excitement, the players will also showcase a freestyle form of dancing and a balancing act with a ball. The dunkers have done successful shows in Syria, Jordan and have visited UAE for numerous shows.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal