Hilton names new regional sales director
Dubai, August 2, 2009
Hilton Hotels has appointed Victor Louis as the company’s new regional director of sales for Arabian Peninsula and Indian Ocean. He moves from Hilton Fujairah Resort where he was general manager.
“With his widespread knowledge of the hospitality industry, understanding of the local market, and expertise in sales, business development and operations, Victor will be responsible for driving our sales strategy for all Hilton Family hotels across the region,” said James Farrow, senior vice president, Sales, Hilton Hotels, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Louis, who is fluent in Arabic, joined Hilton in 1996 as an assistant sales manager in Egypt. Since then he has greatly extended his experience to include area director of sales and marketing for Hilton’s Abu Dhabi and Al Ain hotels, as well as director of business development for Jeddah Hilton.
Remco Werkhoven takes over the general manager helm at Hilton Fujairah Resort.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct