Build-A-Bear Workshop set for Dubai debut
Dubai, August 10, 2009
Build-A-Bear Workshop, the only global company that offers an interactive make-your-own stuffed animal retail-entertainment experience, will make its Dubai debut at the prestigious Dubai Festival City on September 17.
Build-A-Bear Workshop is based on the premise that nearly everyone, regardless of age, has a special fondness for stuffed animals.
When Guests visit a Build-A-Bear Workshop store, they enter a light-hearted teddy-bear-themed environment consisting of eight bear-making stations. Guests choose from a wide variety of furry friends to make.
They stuff their new friend, give it a heart filled with wishes – a Build-A-Bear Workshop trademark – and make a personalized birth certificate. Guests can further personalize their new friend by recording their own message to place inside their furry friend and by choosing from a wide selection of unique fashions and accessories.
“We are pleased to announce the launch of our first Build-A-Bear Workshop store in the Gulf region,” said Anders Carlsson, general manager, Build-A-Bear Workshop Gulf States.
“Our unique concept, strong merchandise assortment, fun activities for the family as well as friendly store associates to take our Guests through the bear-making experience, has proven to be successful in other regions and as a destination retailer it is also a benefit to the malls,” he added.
“In line with our corporate plan, we aim to open 15 Build-A-Bear Workshop stores across the GCC countries over the next five years and are currently looking for prime locations within select malls, such as Dubai Festival City.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers