Modhesh World readies to mark end of DSS
Dubai, August 12, 2009
Modhesh World, the entertainment hub of Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS), the regional shopping and family fun event, has drawn up its agenda to celebrate the concluding day of the venue and DSS on August 14.
The sprawling 37,000 sq m fun area will be a beehive of activities to mark the end of 65 days of summer festivities, which saw various events of DSS held at malls across Dubai.
Modhesh World has announced a special offer for the Fun Fair on its concluding day. The Fun Fair is spread over three halls in the venue with more than thirty thrilling and fun filled rides and games.
Visitors using the facilities of the Fun Fair including the joyrides and skill games can avail the special ‘one on one’ offer on the last day. Visitors will be charged for one person only and be allowed two rides or a single ride for two people amounting to a fifty per cent reduction in prices.
Happy Yummy and Baskin Robbins will host an event at the Play and Compete Interactive stage at 5 pm. Children will once again have the opportunity to relish the colourful and tasty mini ice cream balls courtesy Happy Yummy as well as a treat of ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.
Continuing the legend of the exciting and fun filled parties that have been a trademark of Modhesh World, special guests such as Modhesh, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the Shabiat Cartoon characters, Detective Conan, and others will attend the season’s final party to bid farewell to children.
Modhesh and his friends will get together to cut the Baskin Robbins ice cream cake.
The final raffle of the Dubai Shopping Malls Group in DSS 2009 will also be held at Modhesh World.
The draw will begin at 7 pm and pick winners for the weekly prize of Dh500,000 ($136,000) bringing the total worth of prizes given in the draw this DSS to around Dh5 million ($1.36 million).
Additionally, over 200 performers and characters will be a part of this carnival that will make its way from the giant playroom area at 8:45 pm. The carnival, accompanied by fanfare and music will parade throughout Modhesh World.
Mascots of government zones such as ‘Salama’ from the Roads and Transport Authority, ‘Fireman Salem’ and his friends from Dubai Civil Defense, and ‘Splashy and Sparky’ from DEWA will also be part of the carnival. All government zones including the KHDA will have activities to commemorate this special day.
The last event for the day will be the ‘Modhesh Thank You Party’ at the Modhesh Theatre where Modhesh will thank all his friends and children gathered.
Modhesh will unveil a new collection of songs made especially for him. The highlight of the party is a cake cutting ceremony to celebrate the fulfillment of 65 days of festivities. The party will begin at 10:30 pm. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares