Emaar Hospitality head wins CEO award
Dubai, September 29, 2009
The chief executive officer of Emaar Hospitality Group and Emaar Hotels & Resorts has been awarded ‘CEO of the Year 2009’ by CEO Middle East.
The award honours Marc Dardenne's contribution to the hospitality sector in the Middle East and his achievements in identifying, undertaking and developing world-class projects for Emaar Hospitality Group and The Address Hotels + Resorts.
Dardenne received the award from the chief of ITP Publishing, Walid Akawi at a gala reception held in Dubai.
The CEO Middle East Awards recognise industry leaders in hospitality, energy, banking, IT, media and other sectors. The award’s objective is to bring leaders, who have directed the rapid development of the Middle East’s economy, to the forefront.
Earlier this year, Dardenne was ranked Number 3 in the Hotelier Middle East’s 50 most influential hoteliers.
A hospitality veteran with over 30 years of international experience, Dardenne has been instrumental in creating and developing Emaar Hospitality Group’s properties. He was instrumental in the launch of Emaar’s own hotel brand, The Address Hotels + Resorts, which has unveiled two new hotel properties in less than a year and will open another property in Dubai in the last quarter of 2009.
Emaar Hospitality Group manages a diversified portfolio of hospitality assets such as hotels, serviced residences, golf resorts, Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club, health clubs and Dubai Marina Yacht Club.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc