Jumeirah wins top business travel awards
Dubai, September 30, 2009
Jumeirah, the Dubai-based luxury hospitality group and member of Dubai Holding, has won a series of major travel industry awards.
The Business Traveller awards are among the most prestigious in the hospitality sector and Jumeirah’s performance was celebrated at ceremonies in London and Hong Kong.
Jumeirah was recognised in the following categories:
• Jumeirah was named 'Best Business Hotel Chain in the Middle East/Africa’ for the sixth consecutive year, ahead of InterContinental and Sheraton, at the Business Traveller Asia Pacific Awards.
• Jumeirah Group was voted ‘Best Business Hotel Chain in the Middle East’ for the fourth year running, ahead of InterContinental, Hilton and Sheraton, at the Business Traveller UK awards.
• Jumeirah Emirates Towers was voted ‘Best Business Hotel in the Middle East’ for the seventh year in a row by Business Traveller UK.
• Madinat Jumeirah was runner-up in the global ‘Best Resort Hotel’ category.
• In the ‘Best Luxury Hotel Chain’, Jumeirah was recognised as one of the top four in the world alongside Four Seasons, Shangri-La and Ritz-Carlton.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal