Cruise tourism season begins in Bahrain
Manama, October 27, 2009
A luxury cruise ship docked in Bahrain's Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Port, marking the beginning of the cruise tourism season, which will run until May.
The Regent Seven Seas Cruise, from India, is undertaking a round the world trip.
A total of 320 tourists on board came ashore to spend 13 hours visiting the country's main tourist attractions.
APM Terminals management and Culture and Information Ministry officials welcomed the vessel during a reception held at the port, which featured a traditional Bahraini band.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced