InterCon group opens 2 hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, November 1, 2009
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has opened two new hotels on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi – a Crowne Plaza hotel and Staybridge Suites, its first extended stay property in the Gulf.
Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi is located in the centre of Yas Island, close to Abu Dhabi International Airport and within walking distance of the new F1 Yas Marina Circuit.
The property offers guests a choice of 164 suites, ranging from studios to two bedroom suites, all with fully equipped kitchens and access to a 24-hour convenience store.
Bridging a gap between conventional hotels and serviced apartments, Staybridge Suites offers a home-from-home for people spending long periods travelling on business. Introduced in 1998, Staybridge Suites is one of IHG’s newest brands with 167 properties worldwide and 147 more in the pipeline.
The tiered rate structure ensures prices are discounted the longer a guest stays, making it a more economical and comfortable option for business travellers staying for more than a few nights.
John Bamsey, chief operating officer, IHG Middle East and Africa said: “The success and popularity of Staybridge Suites among guests seeking a home-from-home experience in the US and the UK, has led us to introduce this concept in the Gulf. For business travellers looking for an alternative to the traditional hotel environment, Staybridge Suites is the ideal solution.”
The 428-room Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi is the second Crowne Plaza hotel in the UAE capital. Located on the banks of the Yas Creek, the hotel is near to both the city centre and Abu Dhabi International Airport, providing a great location for business and leisure travellers alike. Guests can also take advantage of the new F1 Yas Marina Circuit and the Championship Links Golf Course, both of which are located within walking distance of the hotel, he said.
The Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi has six restaurants, including the Sundowner Pool Bar with outdoor dining, as well as full business facilities, a 25-metre part shaded pool, steam rooms, sauna and a squash court.
Commenting on the growth of the Crowne Plaza brand in Abu Dhabi, John Bamsey, chief operating officer, IHG Middle East and Africa, said: “With an expected 2.3 million visitors to Abu Dhabi each year by 2013, it’s important that we continue to invest and grow our presence in this region to maintain our position as the leading hotel provider. The Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi will strengthen our offering in the region and provide a high-quality base for business travellers, helping them to make the most of their business trips.”
Paul Bell, managing director, Aldar Hotels & Hospitality added: "Yas Island is located between the coast and city of Abu Dhabi and Dubai and has grown rapidly to accommodate the influx of visitors. Its attractions, unmatched anywhere in the world, make it a unique destination for both business and leisure travellers. The openings of the Crowne Plaza and Staybridge Suites hotels are great additions for Yas Island because they are international brands known to business travellers worldwide." – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares