BA launches Sharm El Sheikh-Gatwick flights
Cairo, November 1, 2009
British Airways has launched a new direct flight route from Gatwick to popular Red Sea resort Sharm El Sheikh.
Being a top holiday destination known for its pristine beaches and renowned dive sites, Sharm El Sheikh route makes a comeback with British Airways.
British Airways new flight route will be carried out by a Boeing 777 aircraft offering passengers a three-class configuration: World Traveller, World Traveller Plus and Club World.
'The relaunch of British Airways flights to Sharm El Sheikh links the top leisure destinations in both Egypt and the UK, opening the door to a whole new world of holiday travel experiences for our passengers,” Mervat Alfy, country commercial manager for British Airways in Egypt.
“As one of the top tourism sites in Egypt and around the world, Sharm El Sheikh is a key destination not only for British Airways, but for our valued clients and for the tourism industry in Egypt.'
British Ariways flies a daily Cairo-London Heathrow route and the decision to use Gatwick airport as a destination for the new route is mainly for its popularity among leisure travelers, making it the ideal choice for the Sharm El Sheikh flight.
British Airways last served Sharm El Sheikh through its franchise operator GB Airways, which was sold in March 2008.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline