Mövenpick Jordan resorts win EU certification
Amman, November 5, 2009
Two Mövenpick Resorts in Jordan become the first hotels in the Middle East to win a European Union environmental management certification.
The EU's Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (Emas) is a management tool for companies and other organisations to evaluate, report and improve their environmental performance. The scheme has been available for participation by companies since 1995.
Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and Mövenpick Resort Petra have been piloting the Emas programme since 2007 and were awarded certification in 2008 and 2009.
Set on the northern shores of the Dead Sea at the lowest point on Earth, Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea is a deluxe resort built in traditional village style and offering luxurious rooms, a range of outlets, first-class meeting and leisure facilities featuring a Zara Spa.
Located directly at the entrance to the historic city of Petra, the Mövenpick Resort Petra is certainly one of the most notable hotels in the Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain
- Etihad, airBaltic start direct Riga flights
- Dubai Istithmar sells stake in landmark Miami hotel
- Tourism Ireland to launch coastal touring route
- Etihad to launch 8 new routes in 2014
- Gulf Air launches Thiruvananthapuram service
- ACI, Iata to develop smart security solution
- Etihad to launch Perth flights