Rosewood holds butler training program
Jeddah, November 5, 2009
Rosewood Corniche has joined forces once again with the International Institute of Modern Butlers to train its butler team.
Assisting Rosewood Corniche with their butler development is Steven Ferry, chairman of the International Institute of Modern Butlers. A world-class leader in hospitality service and founding member of the International Guild of Traditional Butlers and the International Institute of Modern Butlers, Ferry is the industry expert, having authored 20 books and hundreds of articles for numerous publications around the world.
Ferry visited Rosewood Corniche last year and greatly contributed to strengthening the existing butler training programme.
“For the last thousand years, butlers have been employed to provide personal service for nobility, royalty, estate homes, and now luxury hotels,” said Steven Ferry.
“The butler lessons at Rosewood Corniche honour the time-tested methods of traditional butlering, but with a creative and modern approach, allowing us to update techniques and redefine state-of-the-art, discreet service.”
“After a highly rewarding inaugural training programme last year, we are grateful to have him return to the property and provide our team additional instruction and innovations in butlering,” said Hans-Peter Leitzke, managing director of Rosewood Corniche.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers