DAE selects Messier-Bugatti brakes
Dubai, November 19, 2009
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise has selected Messier-Bugatti, a Safran Group company, to supply wheels and carbon brakes for 70 Boeing 737 Next Generation aircraft to be delivered new from Boeing starting in 2010.
Bob Genise, CEO of DAE Capital, said: "We at DAE are delighted with our selection of Messier-Bugatti and believe their lightweight design, lower cost of ownership and resultant fuel burn reduction will benefit our customers for many years to come.
"Jean-Christophe Corde, CEO of Messier-Bugatti said: "Messier-Bugatti is honoured by the confidence that, through this order, DAE places in our products and our support, and we are looking forward to bringing together the best-value offer to the 737NG operators".
Messier-Bugatti is the only brake manufacturer today in the world offering a certified carbon brake for the whole 737NG family - 737-600, 737-700, 737-800, 737-900 and 737-900ER and BBJ- for new aircraft and retrofits, said a statement.
Messier-Bugatti has received orders to equip a total of 283 Boeing 737NG. Carbon brakes represent a major innovation compared to steel brakes, with longer in-service life and lighter weight: while lasting more than 2,000 landings per overhaul, they offer up to 320 kg of weight savings per 737NG, leading to significant reduction of CO2 emission, in addition to fuel burn reduction, it said.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry