Wyndham to open first Mideast Ramada Encore
Doha, November 23, 2009
Wyndham Hotel Group, a global hotel company with over 7,000 hotels and 11 brands, has teamed up with Regency Group Holding to launch the first Ramada Encore hotel product in the Middle East.
Expected to open in Doha in the second quarter of 2010, the 110-room Ramada Encore property will be Wyndham Hotel Group’s first managed Ramada Encore hotel. It will be located in the Al-Asmakh area in Doha.
“We are so pleased to work with Regency Group Holding to bring the contemporary, value-conscious Ramada Encore hotel product to the Middle East,” said Eric Danziger, president and chief executive officer of Wyndham Hotel Group.
“Ramada Encore hotels cater to business and corporate travelers making it an excellent fit for Doha, the economic center of the country,” he added.
The property will feature two meeting rooms for up to 30 delegates each, a pool, fitness center, sauna, whirl pool and a business center.
It will adhere to Ramada Encore brand standards but will be modified for the Middle East to suit regional and cultural needs including larger guest rooms and bathrooms, closed wardrobes, flat screen televisions and parquet flooring.
“We’re happy to be the first to bring the Ramada Encore hotel offering to the Middle East,” said Ibrahim Ai Asmakh, president of Regency Group Holding.
“Ramada Encore properties offer guests a quality product and excellent service at a reasonable price. We expect it to be a success in the Middle East where there is a shortage of budget and midscale hotel products,” he noted. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route