Emaar Hospitality Group wins 4 awards
Dubai, November 29, 2009
Emaar Hospitality Group, the hospitality and leisure subsidiary of Emaar Properties, has won four awards at the Middle East Hotel Expansion Congress (Mehec) in Abu Dhabi.
The Mehec awards, now in their third year, recognise outstanding individual and organisational achievements in the hospitality sector.
Emaar Hospitality Group won top laurels for Excellence in Hospitality Leadership (organisation), and Leading Developer of the Year, while Marc Dardenne, chief executive officer of Emaar Hospitality Group and Emaar Hotels & Resorts, won the Excellence in Hospitality Leadership (individual) award.
The Palace – The Old Town, managed by Emaar Hospitality Group’s five star hotel brand The Address Hotels + Resorts was awarded the Best Hotel Design award.
Dardenne received the awards from Fabien Faure, managing director - Naseba at a gala ceremony held in Abu Dhabi recently.
“Winning the Mehec awards for Emaar Hospitality Group is a reiteration of our thought-leadership position and the fresh thinking that we bring to the industry,” stated Dardenne.
“Emaar Hospitality Group has grown from strength to strength in a very short period of time. With over 30 years of international experience, not only has Marc Dardenne built a world-class team but he has played a key role in the launch of Emaar’s own hotel brand, The Address Hotels + Resorts,” added Faure during the Mehec Awards ceremony.
Emaar Hospitality Group manages a diversified portfolio of hospitality assets such as hotels, serviced residences, golf resorts, Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club, health clubs and Dubai Marina Yacht Club.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport