Emirates opens new lounge in Johannesburg
Dubai, December 8, 2009
Emirates, UAE’s leading airline, has opened a brand new luxury lounge in Johannesburg, at the O.R. Tambo International Airport.
The new lounge offers leather armchairs, complimentary gourmet chef prepared food, refreshing drinks, reading material and shower facilities to premium passengers at the airport.
The is Emirates' first exclusive lounge in Africa and the sixth to be opened this year on its ever broadening route network, said a statement.
In 2009, lounges have opened in Hamburg, Manchester, Düsseldorf, Mumbai, Beijing, and in the months ahead Birmingham will come on stream, representing investment of more than Dh266 million ($ 72 million).
“At Emirates, we are constantly investing in the comfort of our passengers and rewarding loyalty by providing high quality service offerings,” said Mohammed Mattar, Emirates' divisional senior vice president, airport services.
“This lounge is another example of our dedication to offering the very best to our customers,” he added.
The lounge, with seating for 135 guests, contains flat screen televisions for the latest TV news, an extensive collection of international and local newspapers, magazines and a state-of-the-art business centre with free internet access.
Dedicated lounge staff are on hand at the facility, located on the Mezzanine level of the airport's Duty Free Mall, between boarding gates A4 and A7. It is open to Emirates' First and Business Class passengers, along with Gold Skywards members.
Johannesburg becomes the 26th lounge on the Emirates' route network.
The premium service in the air and on the ground includes Emirates chauffeur-drive service, dedicated check in counters and priority baggage handling. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers