Abu Dhabi starts balloon adventure rides
Abu Dhabi, December 9, 2009
Balloon Adventures Emirates, one of the world’s most experienced balloon companies, has begun operations in Abu Dhabi offering hot air balloon expeditions into the heart of the emirate’s pristine desert.
Balloon Adventures Emirates said its ‘magic carpet ride’ expeditions give passengers a unique view of a landscape which takes in huge red sand dunes, the emerald green oases of Al Ain, the emirate’s second city and heritage capital, and the chance to spot Arabian gazelles and wandering camels in their natural habitat.
The company boasts of full-fledged operations in Germany, New Zealand and Hungary.
Beginning early in the morning – around 5.30am from pick up points in Abu Dhabi city – the expeditions launch from an area just north of Al Ain, about an hour’s drive from the UAE capital. The rides are fully approved by the country’s General Civil Aviation Authority and GHQ.
“Rising early for a sunrise flight is a minor inconvenience when compared to the breathtaking views and incredible desertscapes to be seen,” said Peter Kollar, director, Balloon Adventures Emirates. “It is also the best time for flying as the cool and serene ambience adds to the experience.”
The company operates a fleet of six balloons in Abu Dhabi and, in addition to its regular itinerary, which lasts around five hours, offers exclusive balloon charter and four-wheel-drive transfers. Its service will operate from the end of September to the end of May.
Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), which manages, helps develop and promote the emirate’s tourism industry, has welcomed the company’s arrival.
“This is another exciting addition to Abu Dhabi’s steadily expanding tourism offering and is a great fit with our target visitor profile,” said Ahmed Hussein, ADTA’s deputy director general.
“We seek to attract people who wish to engage with the emirate and its people and get close to it and this offering fulfils this criteria.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home