Dubailand, Royal Caribbean join hands
Dubai, December 17, 2009
Dubailand, a member of Dubai Properties Group, and Royal Caribbean International, the largest global cruise line, have announced a joint product offering that will provide a substantial boost to Royal Caribbean’s new cruise itinerary from Dubai.
Royal Caribbean said it was gearing up for the launch of its first Arabian dedicated season on ‘Brilliance of the Seas,’ one of the most elegant cruise ships in the world.
Starting from January 18, 2010 through till April 2010, Royal Caribbean's vessel ‘Brilliance of the Seas,’ will dazzle guests with its seven night sailings around the Arabian Gulf, in line with its signature style of cruising for active holidaymakers, said Rama Rebbapragada, regional vice-president of Royal Caribbean International.
The cruise commences and ends in Dubai with other ports of call including Muscat, Fujairah, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain.
“We have received an excellent response for Brilliance of the Seas’ first ever sailings in the Gulf region from our key global source markets UK, North America and Germany,' Rama remarked.
'We are also seeing good levels of interest from the Middle East markets,' he added.
Khalid Al Malik, CEO, Dubai Properties Group, said two strong brands have come together to deliver a compelling series of attractions that will add value to the emirate’s economy and increase visitor numbers to the region.
'Combining some of Dubailand’s exciting destinations with the excellent Royal Caribbean product will provide a wealth of entertainment options that will attract repeat visits from tourists and residents alike,' he pointed out.
Dubailand, a landmark tourism, leisure and entertainment destination is now open with several developments already operational. These include Dubai Autodrome in MotorCity, Dubai Outlet Mall in Outlet City, The Global Village, and Dubai Sports City which features the Ernie Els Golf Club, the Butch Harmon School of Golf and the Cricket Stadium.
These projects currently receive over eight million visits annually, and are designed to add further variety to Dubai’s tourism offering by providing visitors with exciting entertainment options and incredible value for money, Al Malik explained.
'We look forward to welcoming this world-class vessel to the shores of the UAE and we are confident that this exciting development will contribute to the growth of regional and international tourism,' he added.
'Brilliance of the Seas' features an open Centrum with 10-deck high windows and ocean-facing glass elevators, both of which will offer spectacular views of the passing shoreline and sea.
On Brilliance of the Seas, the whole family can share in nine holes of mini-golf; scale the iconic rock wall, which Royal Caribbean first introduced to cruising; delight in riding the Adventure Beach waterslide; or challenge each other on one of the self-leveling pool tables in the Bombay Billiards Club.
Guests will also enjoy Royal Caribbean’s award-winning musical revues from Royal Caribbean Productions, multiple restaurants and lounges throughout the ship. Throughout their stay, every guest will enjoy Royal Caribbean’s Gold Anchor standard of friendly and engaging service from Brilliance’s staff and crew, Rama added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard