Global Village readies 70 shows for New Year
Dubai, December 30, 2009
Global Village, a member of Tatweer and a leading entertainment and shopping attraction located in Dubailand, has organised more than 70 cultural and family entertainment shows for New Year celebrations.
Visitors to the 14th edition of the Global Village can expect a host of free shows with talents from different sides of the globe on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, a statement said.
Performances include the Street Fire Show, the Chinese Flying Pole Show, in addition to the regular African Acrobats, Tanoura, Kerala percussion band, and local bands.
Guests will find shows highlighting traditional dances and songs from UAE, Yemen, India, Lebanon, Palestine and Thailand. Performances in the China, West Africa and Pakistan pavilions will also be featured.
One of the New Year’s Eve highlights is a parade that will begin at 11:15 pm and go until midnight. Performers from each pavilion, dressed in their national attires, will be part of the parade.
DJ music will accompany a countdown to midnight after which David ‘The Bullet’ will shoot off from his cannon and during his flight, unfurl a New Year greetings banner. Fireworks will also be set off to take visitors into the New Year.
Over 45 cultures and 31 pavilions, a fireworks display, the traditional abras by the park's canal and lake, and a larger fun fair with new rides are expected to be some of the top attractions.
Global Village also boasts top quality facilities this edition with services including two mosques, 29 restrooms, six ATM machines, three money exchange centres, guest relation centres, ambulances, lost & found department, services for the disabled and a huge parking area that can accommodate nearly16,500 vehicles.
Entrance is priced at Dh10 ($2.72) each, while for the disabled and kids below three years old, it is free. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard