10,000 set to attend Bahrain Air Show
Manama, January 21, 2010
More than 10,000 people are expected to descend on Sakhir Airbase this morning for the opening of the first Bahrain International Air Show, which will run through January 23.
That includes more than 2,000 specially invited corporate guests and a host of international delegations. The 5,000 public tickets made available for tomorrow have already sold out, but about half of the tickets for today (January 21) and Saturday are still available, according to organisers.
The event will feature three days of air displays by a range of aircraft, as well as a raft of family entertainment in the public area, and is being held under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad.
Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince and Economic Development Board chairman, has urged EDB members to exert all efforts to support the air show's supreme organising committee, led by Southern Governor Shaikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
This aims to make the show's first edition successful in consolidating Bahrain's renowned reputation in hosting international exhibitions and successful business meetings, EDB executive director Shaikh Mohammed bin Isa Al Khalifa said yesterday. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc