Yemen stops giving visas at airport
Sanaa, January 21, 2010
Yemen will stop issuing visas on arrival to foreigners to prevent militants from entering the country, a government official and state media said on Thursday.
The official said the change would affect primarily Western tourists, including from the United States, Canada and Europe, who had generally been able to get their visas at the airport.
A military official said in light of this decision, granting visas to foreigners will take place only through the embassies of Yemen, and after consulting security authorities.
Six airports in Yemen receive international flights.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry