Bahraini Air Force Hawks thrill crowd at airshow
Manama, January 23, 2010
The Royal Bahraini Air Force (RBAF) Hawks thrilled visitors on the first day of Bahrain’s first International Airshow.
The spectacular military aviation flying display will see the Hawks perform a tight formation fly past each day during the three-day Airshow.
At the end of 2006, the RBAF took delivery of an initial order of six Hawk Mk129 Advanced Jet Training Aircraft from BAE Systems to meet its future requirements to train its frontline pilots and develop an indigenous military flying training capability.
The two seat, single-engine Hawk is the world's most successful advanced training aircraft, outperforming and outselling all other aircraft in its class, having been sold to 19 customers worldwide.
The Kingdom of Bahrain is the fifth user of Hawk aircraft in the Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC).
The inaugural Bahrain International Airshow, which opened on Thursday, is being held under Royal patronage and organised by Civil Aviation Affairs for the Kingdom of Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc