Bahrain to get new aircraft maintenance facility
Manama, January 24, 2010
Bahrain International Airport (BIA) is set to get a new aircraft maintenance facility after aircraft repair and overhaul company Gulf Technics and SIA Engineering Company (SIAEC) signed a MoU to develop the site.
It took place at the Bahrain International Air Show and was attended Mumtalakat chief executive officer Talal Alzain and SIAEC senior commercial vice-president Jack Koh Swee Lim.
Speaking after the announcement, Alzain said the development of the new facility was part of the plan to make Bahrain a regional centre for aviation.
'This new maintenance facility adds another crucial component to the services on offer and will be vital in helping to attract new airlines to use Bahrain International Airport,' he said.
'It also fits with the best management practices that Mumtalakat is advocating to improve on corporate performance and ultimately business profitability.'
Singapore-based SIAEC currently provides extensive maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft to more than 85 international airlines worldwide.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio