Jazeera 6th largest carrier in Lebanon
Beirut, February 2, 2010
Kuwait-based regional carrier Jazeera Airways is now the sixth largest carrier operating to and from Lebanon, according to the latest flight and passenger figures for 2009 released by Rafic Hariri International Airport in Beirut.
Jazeera surpassed a number of regional and international low fare and legacy airlines – including Turkish Airways, Etihad Airways and Egypt Air – in terms of the total number of aircraft and total number of passengers flown in and out of the country.
Jazeera took its place among the top 10 carriers in the region, along with airline giants Middle East Airlines, Emirates and Air France.
“Following encouraging results for November, we are thrilled to have become the sixth largest airline operating to and from Lebanon,” said Stefan Pichler, CEO, Jazeera Airways.
“Having only been in operation for four years, it is exciting to be among the top 10 airlines in Lebanon and it is a true testament to Jazeera’s hard work. We will continue to expand and improve on our offering in the future to provide the best value for money services for all our Guests,” he added.
Pichler continued: “During 2009, we reached a number of milestones, including an improved network, the launch of our business class service and the opening of several new sales shops.”
“These recent figures demonstrate the success of our operations in Lebanon, which we will strive to continue and improve on during 2010 to ensure best in class services for Guests travelling around the region,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route